Two Time Canadian Team Roping Champion 1992 & 1996 with 40+ Years of Horse Experience For over 43 years, owner Hanif Jinnah has built a solid reputation for Leghorn Ranch as Fraser Valley’s and Lower Mainland's most trusted sales and service provider. Hanif is committed to providing quality service to communities from Chilliwack to North Vancouver. He believes that a reputation as an honest and reliable business is the recipe for success. While others seek to profit by charging additional costs, or providing sub-par service to their clients, Hanif believes that a good reputation, quality and consistent service will reap bigger profits in the long run.
Hanif grew up in Chilliwack BC, helping his father with his business in farming since childhood. Hanif inherited his father's unique business acumen, insight and knowledge. He began his entreprenurialship at the age of 14 and has developed a deep knowledge and understanding of running a successful business.
Contact Hanif at (778) 886-1343
Equine Canada Level 1 Coach and CHA Level 4
Janet is originally from Ireland and came to Canada in 1986 to work with show jumping legend Torchy Millar. Working as a groom Janet travelled extensively around North America and gained invaluable experience working with horses.
When Torchy hired me in Ireland he told me i was pony club level which was a huge compliment to me at the time Janet says. I came to Canada for horses and I am lucky enough to still be involved in my passion and living my dream.
She became a coach with the help of the owner of North Shore Equestrian Centre where she taught for a few years learning the ropes. Janet then moved to Burnaby and later to Maple Ridge where she ran a large riding school for 5 years. Janet is now based here at Leghorn Ranch and brings with her, her vast experience with teaching young children and her huge enthusiasm for her job. Janet is focused on teaching young riders ages 4 and up as that aspect of teaching is something she hugely enjoys.
- Long pants to prevent chaffing are recommended.
- All riders must wear appropriate footwear, preferably a boot with low heel. Absolutely no sandals allowed.
- Helmets are provided for your safety with no additional charge. Riders under 18 must wear a helmet.
- Children under 10 must wear a safety vest. Vest provided - no charge
- Minimum age for trail rides is 6 years old and older
- Your horse will be tacked up, so follow the simple advice above to have a memorable ride.
- The BC climate brings varying weather at all times of the year. Please come prepared with raincoat, gloves, hat, extra sweater.
- Other essentials could include: bug spray, sun screen and sun glasses depending on the season.
- All rides commence at the ranch.
- Please show up on time.
- Have FUN!
Looking for the perfect gift idea?
Give the gift of adventure with one of our gift certificates today!
Phone: (778) 886-1343
Alouette River Trail Ride
We offer Horseback riding tours of the most scenic parks and trails around Vancouver BC.
Available in 1 hour or 2 hour adventures.
Complimentary riding lessons are provided prior to all trail rides.